Horizon Christian School desires to serve qualified students from families of all economic means by keeping tuition rates as low as possible and by developing non-tuition revenue sources for use in establishing and continuing the financial aid program. It is also the desire of Horizon to serve as many families as possible with the financial aid available during any given school year. Financial aid is awarded on the basis of demonstrated eligibility and the total amount of financial aid funding available. The allocation is based on demonstrated need and is available for a percentage of the tuition only.
Families desiring to receive financial aid must:
- Demonstrate in the manner specified and in the timeframe on the financial aid application that the tuition costs for their student are in excess of their "Expected Family Contribution".
- Complete within the timeframes specified in the Financial Air Application, all required information in a complete and accurate manner.
- Be in continuing compliance with all the standards contained in the "Admission Policy" of Horizon Christian School.
- Pay for all charges not covered by a financial aid allocation with an annual, pre-authorized bank debit or credit card transaction drawn on the first day of each month.
- The total amount of financial aid available in any school year is determined by the Horizon board of directors as part of the annual budget process.
- Financial Aid is only available for tuition assistance. Fees and other incidental expenses are not covered by the Financial Aid Policy.
- Financial Aid awards are determined annually but applied to accounts monthly and are subject to withdrawal in the case of families/students who fall out of compliance with any of the Eligibility requirements used in determining the annual award.
The amount of financial aid awarded to any individual family is solely the discretion of Horizon Christian School.
Horizon Christian School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.