Policy 1.01 Mission Statement
Our mission is to build a solid foundation for life by providing students with an excellent education that integrates academic achievement, biblical truth, and character development.
Policy 1.02 Vision Statement
Our vision is to become an extraordinary school by providing a premier education while developing Christian servant leaders through dynamic teaching, the integration of biblical truth, positive peer and mentor relationships, and life enriching activities outside the classroom. We pledge to be an educational community, who faithfully models the Christian life for the glory of God.
Our vision is based on the example of Jesus Christ as He extravagantly loved and equipped his 12 young disciples to impact the world.
Policy 1.03 Motto
"Teaching Truth, Changing Lives"
Policy 1.04 Foundational Statement
It is the purpose of Horizon Christian School (HORIZON) to provide a sound academic education integrated with a Christian view of God and the world. The Bible is specific in stating the principles that underlie Christian education. The apostle Paul presents a comprehensive principle when he wrote of Christ, “For by Him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth...and He is before all things and by Him all things consist.” Colossians 1:16-17 The writer of the fourth Gospel said, “All things were made by Him; and without Him was not anything made that was made.” John 1:3
There is an important difference between the Christian and non-Christian viewpoints on a given subject. No subject can be taught in the totality of its truth if the Creator is ignored or denied. Knowledge is purified by the recognition of God’s place in it.
In accordance with God’s Word found in the Bible, parents are responsible for the education of their children. Education must include the counsels of God revealed in His Word and His work revealed in our world. Students should recognize that all truth is God’s truth, including history, geography, science, music and the arts, and that Jesus Christ is to be central in learning and living.
Policy 1.05 What Does a Horizon Graduate Look Like?
HORIZON's goal is to graduate students who are well prepared for life.
A Horizon graduate will be
- skilled in reading, writing, speaking, listening and reasoning
- skilled in questioning, problem-solving, and making informed wise decision
- fully equipped to thrive in a college, career, or vocational environment as a lifelong learner
A Horizon graduate will have developed the tools to implement a Biblical worldview in their lives by
- desiring to know and trust the redemptive power of Jesus Christ
- cultivating the ability to understand and apply God's Word in daily life
- being knowledgeable and articulate about what the Bible teaches, discerning right from wrong and truth from error
- being able to effectively share the gospel and disciple others who want to grow in Christ
A Horizon graduate will have the tools to become a Christian leader in their community by
- understanding the value and giftedness of all people as created in the image of God.
- maintaining a godly testimony in the culture in which God has called them to serve.
- being actively involved in a local church and the community where they live.
- respecting and relating with integrity to the people with whom they live, work and play.
- being faithful stewards of the resources God has provided them.
Policy 1.06 Statement of Faith
- The Bible is God’s Holy Word, without error, and our final authority in all matters of faith and practice.
- In one God eternally existing as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- In Jesus Christ, conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin - fully God and fully Man. He lived a sinless life, performed miracles, died upon the cross and rose again, conquering sin and death. He is now with the Father but will return in glory to judge the world.
- All people have sinned and deserve the penalty of death - eternal separation from God.
- Salvation is an act of God through faith in Jesus Christ, by which He gives believers a new nature and enables them to live righteously through His Holy Spirit. This salvation restores fellowship with God for all who believe.
- All followers of Jesus Christ are spiritually one.
Click here for the complete Policy Manual. (PDF file)